Cultures Capsules = Storytelling + SupperClub + Concert
Across the globe, food, music & stories are three elements that humans have in common, and are also how we humans express our uniqueness. The collective power of all three creates an immersive, multi-sensory experience with the power and magic to move us deeply, simultaneously celebrating our commonalities and differences.
Cultures Capsules are currently offered via intimate pop-up events, and are also archived on our website (free playlists+recipes+stories allow anyone, anywhere in the world to replicate the experience in their own home).
Each capsule is authentic to itself – not confined to lines or boxes drawn by others – thereby celebrating the multi-dimensionality of all experiences and identities.
Some fan favorites:
- Breakfast with the Soufi Family: The music of Fairuz is set loud to summon everyone to the table for a Syrian breakfast feast in Toronto
- Carnitas, Cumbias & Craft Beer: how the preparation of one dish changed over time and space, within one family.
- Butter Chicken & Brooklyn Raga Massive: food and music with parallel evolutions.
- A Virtual Trip to Old Tunisia: Tunisian Stew & Old Time Tunisian Jazz.
- Yemeni Home Cooking in Brooklyn: Feasting with new friends.
- Pass the Peas! And Meatloaf: New England Comfort food with a side of Maceo funk.
But don’t take our word for it:
“It was insightful and delightful to attend the Diwali Cultures Capsule. Great food and great music all in a cozy atmosphere and intimate atmosphere. It was a great way to immerse in another culture and foster a spirit of understanding.” – Amir
“That’s so nice of you to share the Eid with us, and that makes me feel like I am back with my family in Yemen.” – Aasma
I LOVE it!! You did a wonderful job capturing my mom and the day we made the meal. You have an excellent memory because you mentioned things that I don’t remember us discussing. Thank you, thank you, thank you! – Aretha
Thank you so much for a lovely iftar; we loved it. Such a warm welcome. Really, you were all great hosts, we couldn’t ask for more. – Zuhra & Maryam
You can submit your own Cultures Capsule via this link, or simply stay informed by entering your email below.